Friday, July 15, 2011

Song Spotlight: Cults - Abducted



I've always found it interesting how I can hate the personality of a band or singer but love their music. I think Bono and Michael Stipe are both pretentious as all hell but I really enjoy U2 and R.E.M.s music. This phenomenon is most prevalent for me in the indie music scene since I downright loath hipsters, but I do find that they make some good music.

You don't find two folks who check off as many hipster boxes as Madeline and Brian from Cults, but their songs are right catchy. There is a lot of "retro girl group sound" going around right now, but I don't think anyone captures the vocal end of it quite as well as Madeline. The songs are well written and produced, and make for a great soundtrack to a lazy summer drive. Enjoy.

I knew right then that I'd been abducted
I knew right then that he would be taking my heart
I knew right then no one was above him
I knew right then that he would be breaking my heart

He tore me apart because I really loved him
He took my heart away and left me to bleed out, bleed out
He broke my heart because I really loved him
He took it all away and left me to bleed out, bleed out

I knew right then that she'd been abducted
I knew right then that I would be taking her heart
I knew right then that I'd never love her
The reasons I hope the dream hasn't left her scarred

He tore me apart because I really loved him
He took my heart away and left me to bleed out, bleed out
He broke my heart because I really loved him
He took it all away and left me to bleed out, bleed out

He tore me apart because I really loved him
He took my heart away and left me to bleed out, bleed out
He broke my heart because I really loved him
He took it all away and left me to bleed out, bleed out
___________________________

No comments: