Friday, July 01, 2011

Song Spotlight: Arctic Monkeys - Brick by Brick



Knowing I was going to be on the road for the foreseeable future I didn't think I'd be getting to do another Friday song spotlight so soon. But then when I was driving from the office back to my home away from home the other night I heard one of the new Arctic Monkey's tracks on WXPN. I've been meaning to pick up AM's most recent disc for a few weeks now, but the career interregnum kind of got in the way. But after hearing Alex Turner channeling his inner Jim Morrison on Brick by Brick I was compelled to stop off last night at one of the local indie record stores and pick the record up. Hitler and UK fans might not like it, but I sure do and I hope you do too.

I wanna build you up
Brick by brick
I wanna break you down
Brick by brick
I’m gonna reconstruct
Brick by brick
I wanna feel your love

Brick by brick
Brick by brick

I wanna steal your soul
Brick by brick
I wanna rock ‘n’ roll
Brick by brick
I wanna rock ‘n’ roll
Brick by brick
I wanna rock ‘n’ roll

Brick by brick
Brick by brick

I wanna brick by brick
Brick by brick
I wanna blow by blow
Brick by brick
I want an empty soul
Brick by brick
I wanna brick by brick by brick by

Brick by brick
Brick by brick
Brick by brick
Brick by brick
__________________________

No comments: