Friday, June 24, 2011

Song Spotlight: PB&J - Dig a Little Deeper



There are three realy top notch songs on the new Peter Bjorn and John record, and this is one of them. It's hard for me to day Dig a Little Deeper is better than Second Chance or May Seem Macabre but it's the one I'm going to feature today because it's the one that's been stuck in my head for the last few days. That is when I'm not bopping along to Contact High by Architecture in Helsinki. It's been a good year for music so far... enjoy the tune:

You think you’ve got it made
I’m trying to have some fun
You think you know it all
I’ve only just begun
You’re sliding on the surface
I’m reaching for the bottom
The past is always present
The future fades away
And if you think your brain is hollow
You just have to scream
And dig a little deeper

All art as been contemporary
Dig a little deeper, dig a little deeper
All art as been contemporary
Dig a little deeper, dig a little deeper
Dig a little deeper
Dig a little deeper
Dig a little deeper

You enjoy the silence
When I want to discuss
You like to keep tidy
I wanna mess it up
I defy definition
Of what’s supposed to be
I don’t want recognition
If you don’t recognize me
And if you think your brain is hollow
You just have to scream
And dig a little deeper

All art as been contemporary
Dig a little deeper, dig a little deeper
All art as been contemporary
Dig a little deeper, dig a little deeper
Dig a little deeper
Dig a little deeper
Dig a little deeper
__________________________________________

No comments: