Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lil Greazy's First Day

Um... wow. 692 days is a looooooooong time to go without punching a time clock. That was abundantly clear to me when I finished up my first day at my new job. It's going to take me a while to condition myself to nine hours in an office again. I really thought that all my time at the gym would serve me well when I finally wrapped up my career interregnum, but it hasn't.

I was sure that dropping 50 pounds and being in the best shape of my life since before I could legally buy beer would make me more resilient in the face of a long work day. I was wrong. Or, at least, I am wrong now. I'm hoping that all my hard work will pay dividends in a week or two when I get acclimated to the grind again.

One huge plus, that would probably be a huge minus to any other 35 year old is that I work noon to 9 PM. Most people my age would hate working "so late" but these are my perfect hours coming off the interregnum. For much of that time I woke up between 8 and 9 and went to bed between 1 and 2. So getting up at 7 AM for a regular 9 to 5 would have killed me.

The one huge downside about the new job is not specific to this one job, however. During the 22 months that I was out of work I got really used to spending a fuck ton of time with Inky. There may be some people who have been married for 12 years who couldn't stand to spend all day, every day together but we really had a blast. I'm really going to miss spending my days with her, even if we never had any money do do anything of note.

I guess I should get ready for bed. I've gotta be up for work in the late morning.
______________________________________

1 comment:

Heidi Champa said...

I miss you too, baby!