Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's So Damn Hot...

I knew when I took a job that required some door to door sales it wasn't an ideal situation for a number of reasons. First, I really don't like selling, which is odd, because I've done a whole lot of it in my career. Second, even though I've lost a lot of weight in the last year, I wasn't looking forward to walking around some of the crazy ass hills in this town. Lastly, it's just about summer here in the Mid-Atlantic region which means the dreaded 90-90 days. 90 degrees with 90% humidity.

That's what I found myself in today during my second day on the job. After spending all day yesterday inside filling out paperwork, watching training videos and such today I had some field training. I walked about 12 miles of those famous York PA hills in that dreaded heat and humidity. I thought getting in shape would keep me from being done in by this type of exertion but I was mostly wrong. While I'm sure it would have been way worse back when I was north of 280 it still took it's toll on me at my current weight.

I didn't know before hand that I would be going out today so I had no water with me for the first three hours of the day. So when we went to lunch I drank two XL unsweetened Teas in about 25 minutes and avoided crappy food. Before we headed back out I got a liter of water and a small Gatorade to get me through the rest of the day. Now I'm home and I'm sure I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. I know I'll get used to this, but it sucks to know there's worse conditions coming in June, July and August.
___________________________________

No comments: