Thursday, April 28, 2011

Following the Example

Yesterday the President of this land finally gave up and showed all the fuckwits out there is birth certificate. I can't believe we've come to this, but, here we are. I have no idea what people think happened 50 years ago but I guess it goes something like this: Black man and white woman want to take over the USA. So they have an interracial baby (Because that was all the rage in the early 60's, which were basically the 50's for all intents and purposes) in Kenya. They think ahead and call two newspapers in Hawaii and place birth announcements in the paper so in a few decades their offspring can rise up and turn all the Christian NASCAR lovin' folk into dirty Muslims and queers.

People are WAY stupid these days. I know how hard it is to be half black and half white in modern America. Even though I am a panda teddy bear, I have felt the scorn of those around me. God forbid I even think of going out in public on a date with a stuffed polar bear and I might get strung up. It all comes down to a lack of respect, trust and empathy.

People out there have it tough, and so they think that other people couldn't have it as tough as them. They think that everyone else is juking the system and they are the only ones who have a hard time in life. They can't possibly consider how hard it is to be truly different in this ever homogenizing world and as a result they become even more suspicious of anyone who doesn't buy in to their idea of what it means to be an American.

In the past, people have questioned me too. I'm a stuffed panda. I'm of Chinese decent. I'm not what they think of as real American. Well I got news for all the daughter kissing tea baggers out there. Like George Washington and Hulk Hogan before me: I am a real American, my birth certificate says so.

Read it and weep bitches!
__________________________________

No comments: