Friday, March 18, 2011

Top 100 Songs of '10: 100-56

After posting my favorite records of 2010 a few weeks ago, I'm back for the next three days with my Top 100 songs list. Not to beet a dead horse, but to reiterate what I've said a few times over the past 18 months: I haven't been able to buy as much music as I once did. So this list doesn't feature as many acts as some of my older lists may have. In fact, just a few years ago I would have had as many as 90 to 95 acts represented on the Top 100, but my purchasing power is somewhat limited during my career interregnum, so there are fewer this year. Today I'll feature the first 45 songs on the list, and then tomorrow will be the next 45 leaving Sunday to showcase the Top 10.

100) Supwitchugirl – I Love My Ducks (Return of the Quack)
99) Jill King – We Rise Above the Shadows
98) The Rescues – Break Me Out
97) 22-20s – Latest Heartbreak
96) Crowded House – Twice if You’re Lucky
95) The Secret Sisters – My Heart Skips a Beat
94) School of Seven Bells – Windstorm
93) Ted Leo & The Pharmacists – One Polaroid A Day
92) Stars – I Died So I Could Haunt You
91) The Cat Empire – Falling

90) Superchunk – My Gap Feels Weird
89) Bettie Serveert – Semaphore 88) Frightened Rabbit – Things
87) Liz Phair – Bang! Bang!
86) Melee – The Ballad of You and I
85) The Walkmen – Angela Surf City
84) Ben + Vesper – LuvInIdleness
83) Cage the Elephant – Around My Head
82) Sick Puppies – Maybe
81) Jill Andrews – A Way Out

80) Jenny and Johnny – My Pet Snakes
79) Amy Regan – Keep You Warm
78) Belle and Sebastian – I Want the World to Stop
77) Arcade Fire – City With No Children
76) She & Him – Lingering Still
75) Sara Bareilles – Basket Case
74) The Jezabels – Disco Biscuit Love
73) The Like – Narcissus in a Red Dress
72) Beach House – Norway
71) Vedera – Satisfy

70) Kat Edmonson – Lucky
69) Katie Meula – Twisted
68) The Walkmen – All my Great Designs
67) MGMT – Flash Delirium
66) Sheryl Crow – Summer Day
65) Sia – Clap Your Hands
64) Jules Larson – My Own Drum
63) Stacy Clark – White Lies
62) Frightened Rabbit – FootShooter
61) Ted Leo & The Pharmacists – The Mighty Sparrow

60) Bettie Serveert – The Pharmacy
59) Abandon Kansas – Close Your Eyes
58) Eric Clapton – Run Back to Your Side
57) Jenny and Johnny – Just Like Zeus
56) Look Mexico – I’m Not Guilty But I’m Used to It
________________________________

No comments: