Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Song Spotlight: "Teddy's Jam" by Guy



There are two types of people in this world: those who love BLACKstreet's 1996 smash hit "No Diggity" and pathetic liars. One of the first gifts Inky bought me when we started dating was a cassette single of No Diggity when she took a trip with her sister to the Mall of America. That's when I knew were were forever. You see, my love affair with Teddy Riley didn't start with that fantastic track, but instead it began 8 years before when my cousin introduced me to the New Jack Swing stylings of Guy. Their 1988 debut record featured many a great track including "Groove Me" "Round and Round" and "Piece of my Love" but the best of the best was "Teddy's Jam" by far.

So if you love "No Diggity" as much as I do; do yourself a favor and take a little listen to this golden oldie. I dare you to listen and see if you don't find yourself saying "Jam. Oh jam. Teddy jam for me." It can't be done.
_________________________

No comments: