Sunday, March 27, 2011

Double Figures Bitches!

When I hit 100 seconds last week I was pretty sure a double digit game was right around the corner. I was sure I'd post a 95 or a cheeky 90 before too long, but I didn't really think I'd shave 16 seconds off my best time! After that 100 second game I picked out another Kelly Brook picture (if it ain't broke don't fix it am I right) and prepared for a new week of mine-sweeping. I had a few more games in the low 100's as the week went on and then boom: 84.

I was playing the new Adele record, which is f'ing fantastic by the way, and I got into a great rhythm. Despite my previous advice to not play the corners I started the game by clicking the upper right corner and that opened up a nice swath of the playing board. From there it was a blur of clicks and darting eyes and a minute and 24 seconds later I had a new fastest time. The best I ever did in solitaire was 82 seconds, and so that has become my new goal.

I think it should be easy enough to drop two more seconds, especially with Kelly's help. I will have one little challenge, however, as Inky and I are taking to the road this week to see a live taping of The Daily Show in NYC. So I'll be away from the office for a day or two, but I love a challenge.

No comments: