Monday, March 21, 2011

Chipping Away

Sometimes in the quest for solitaire/minesweeper fame the strides are great. Sometimes, they are small, but no matter the size, they are all steps forward. In the end, that is all that really matters. Would I have liked to make it into double figures this week? Sure I would have, but if the last 18 months have taught me anything it's that we don't always get what we want. And that you can be both over and under qualified for various aspects of a job, but that's not germane to the topic of high speed minesweeper.

You may be asking yourself: "Greazy, how do you do it?" if you're not asking that I'll ask you to play along while I give you an answer. I have a few simple rules for my time trials. #1) A good iTunes play list is a must. There's nothing worse than being in the middle of a fast game only to be distracted by a song that you don't dig or the end of a play list. That only serves to ruin your time. Rule #2 is all about the back drop. I have chosen to go with an all Kelly Brook collection for my speed solitaire/minesweeper endeavors and they've served me well thus far.

Lastly, rule #3 is forget about the corners. Some people start with a corner but you know the people who program the game know that and so you almost never get a game with all four corners clear. The truth is that the first square you click on will never have a mine under it so I go for center mass and try to open up as big a clearing as possible.

Now you know, and as an old friend of mine named Joe used to tell me daily, that is half the battle. So download some Kelly Brook pics, pop on a good play list enjoy your mine sweeping

No comments: