Sunday, December 27, 2009

Top 100 Songs of '09: 100-71

I'm back with more of my incessant list making. With the year and decade coming to and end, it's fun to look back on what we've just gone through and for mine, there's no better way to do that than to look at the soundtrack. 2009 was a very good year for music in my eyes, both for established acts that further solidified themselves upon the scene and for new ones who will have my eye going forward.

Today I bring you my first instalment of my favorite songs of '09. In doing so I also would like to take a moment to once again mention how much I enjoy the work of Paramore and their head songstress Hayley Williams. I have two different Paramore tracks on my year end list as well as one solo go from young miss Hayley. They are already one of my favorite bands of this decade and I am hoping for more and more from them in the ten years to come.

100) Animal Kingdom - Tin Man
99) The Lovemakers - Love is Dead
98) Frightened Rabbit - Swim Until You Can’t See Land
97) Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson - I Don’t Know What to Do
96) Girl in a Coma - Empty Promise
95) Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Soft Shock
94) Natalie Warner - I Will Take You Under
93) Washington - Cement
92) Parachute - Under Control
91) Robert Francis - Junebug

90) Paramore - Misguided Ghosts
89) Automatic Loveletter - My Goodbye
88) Lydia - I Woke Up Near the Sea
87) Camera Obscura - Careless Love
86) Butterfly Boucher - Gun for a Tongue
85) The Cinematics - All These Things
84) Matthew Sweet - Gone
83) Lily Allen - Fuck You
82) The Fabulous Miss Wendy - I Like Boys
81) Po’ Girl - Isobel

80) Youth Group - Two Sides
79) Girls - Laura
78) Band of Skulls - I Know What I Am
77) Jay Farrar & Benjamin Gibbard - One Fast Move or I’m Gone
76) The Church - Lunar
75) Jemina Pearl - Nashville Shores
74) The Mary Onettes - God Knows I Had Plans
73) Blind Pilot - Go On, Say It
72) Ingrid Michaelson - Maybe
71) Neko Case - People Got a Lotta Nerve
______________________________

No comments: