Tuesday, November 24, 2009

With One Hand Tied Behind My Back

I've gotten pretty proficient at using the mouse left handed over the last few weeks. I'm still battling a bit of pain and numbness in my right arm, so I haven't reverted to my old habits which may have contributed to my issues. As a naturally left handed person I'm not surprised that I've taken to left handed mouse operation, but I'm not 100% yet. I haven't been able to get the clicking down, and I've been bouncing back and forth between the left and right handed set up trying to find a sweet spot.

All that said, I decided to play a little solitaire today and was surprised when I put up a number of "good" games while playing southpaw. This 5714 in 137 seconds wouldn't even rate in my right handed days but felt like a win going lefty. I'll keep at it because... well, it's the right thing to do, and because I know my fans demand it of me. I mean, if I just quit the speed solitaire game because my right arm goes all numb when I play what would that say to the children, to say nothing of what it would mean to Australio-American relations.

So, I will vigilantly soldier on, with Megan Washington and the Bamboos playing in the background and this close up shot of the Opera House as my motivation to overcome the odds and post a 90 second game lefty. You're welcome.

No comments: