Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Spinning My Wheels

I've made a commitment to get back to my best solitaire playing, but things aren't going so well. It's not that I don't have spare time, because as a funemployed person I have plenty. But for some reason I never feel like playing any longer. Maybe that's what separates the great from the transcendent. I am a prodigious solitaire talent, as any look back at my previous high scores in the past year would tell you. What separates me from the Bolts, Mannings and Abletts of the world, however, is that once I passed my goal of a 90 second game I didn't keep pushing.

The truly great among us never settle for just being great. That's what makes them amazing and enables them to achieve amazing things. Sadly, it also seems to make them complete and total tools in all but a very few cases. I guess there's something that goes along with the dive to succeed that also makes you realize that you are better than everyone around you. For proof, just take a look at Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame acceptance speech.

For now, I am trying to get myself back into a solitaire groove. With the lovely Scarlett Johansson as a back drop and the new Arctic Monkeys record playing I was able to post this 7400 in 104 seconds earlier this week. It's a nice score, but about 15 seconds away from where I need to be. Oh well, back to the grind!

No comments: