Sunday, August 23, 2009

Question: Is it Bad That I think This is Funny As Hell?



I've never been accused of liking high brow humor, but this bit from The Whitest Kids U'Know really walks the line where poor taste meets complete and utter comedy genius. Rape is no laughing matter, and I am as sensitive to the fact that the subject has been poorly treated in pop culture for far too long. But this bit really isn't making light of rape, it's just clever wordplay which brings light a traumatic memory from our collective past.

I'm talking, of course, about the constant home invasions perpetrated by the Kool Aid Guy, usually targeted at kids. Why, I always wondered, did he have to burst through the walls to get to those kids? Also, it's obvious that he spent hours upon hours stalking these kids. How else could he be right there at the ready when one kid said to another that he was thirsty?

This subject has been explored in the past by the likes of Dane Cook and Family Guy, but I think WKUK has taken it to its logical conclusion with this bit. It's obvious that the Kook Aid Guy was a rapist, and when presenting that in comedy form why not have a little fun with wordplay while avoiding a lawsuit from Kool Aid.

In the end, I think the answer is no. No, it is not wrong that this makes me laugh so hard I cry.
_____________________________

1 comment:

XL said...

Of course this is funny...I also like "Kook Aid Man", I think we should lobby for a name change.