Wednesday, July 01, 2009

TGWOOfY Best Records of '09: Half Way Edition

As hard as it may be to believe, the year is half over. For many reasons, I've spent less money on records this year than I even did last year, which was a down year for me. But that wont stop me from buying singles, and going out and getting the LPs that I am really interested in, and so I'm all set to do my "Best of '09: Half Way" lists. A few of the Aussie acts on the list put their records out in Australia in 2008, but they came out after Inky and I had visited. They were released in the US in '09, and as such, are included on my '09 lists.

Today I feature my 10 favorite records of '09 so far; a list that includes 4 each from Australia and America and 2 from Scotland. Tomorrow I will launch my top 25 favorite songs of the year so far. Enjoy:

10) Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
9) Jill Sobule - California Years
8) The Living End - White Noise
7) Ben Lee - The Rebirth of Venus
6) Metric - Fantasies
5) Augie March - Watch Me Disappear
4) 1990's - Kicks
3) Youth Group - The Night is Ours
2) Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
1) Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career

___________________________________

No comments: