Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ummmm...I Don't Know About This



Even thought I was only 8 when the original "V" TV series aired, I kind of dug it. Then, when I was 12 "They Live" came out and I fell in love with the line "I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum." By the time I was 20 it was "Independence Day" that brought tales of aliens taking over the human race, and to be honest, was was spent.

Now, ABC, is bringing back "V", and from the looks of the "ships flying over the world's major cites shots" it is also borrowing heavily from the look of Independence day. We can only hope one of the characters in the new V finds sunglasses that can show them who the aliens are.

I'm torn on this, because I love science fiction shit, and I always remember the original V fondly. Of course, I also remembered Duke of Hazard fondly till it started to re air in the 90's and I found out it was a piece of shit and I was a kid with poor taste in TV and an apparent inability to notice super repetitive storyline syndrome. All that said, this could be good.

The star of the show is Elizabeth Mitchell who is most recognizable as Juliette on Lost, but in my mind at least, most memorable for her sex scenes with Angelina Jolie in Gia. Other recognizable stars are Morris Chestnut, Party of Five's Scott Wolf and Laura Vandervoort who played Sadie on Instant Star. What's that you say? I shouldn't know that and the fact that when I saw her in the trailer and immediately thought 'hey there's Sadie' makes me kind of a fag? OK.... uh-hum... and Laura Vandervoort who was the superhot Supergirl on Smallville.

In the end I'll give the new V a chance and if after an episode or two it sucks, I'll move on. One thing's for sure, Star Trek it ain't, but so few are.
__________________________

No comments: