Saturday, May 16, 2009

How Low Can I Go?

When I started my solitaire quest late last year I never really thought I'd be able to play a 90 second game. Now, my three best games are all 90 seconds or less. At least, now that I've posted yet another career best game of 9159 points in 82 seconds, they are. I was sitting in the home office the other night playing a remarkable string of games while rocking out to one of my play lists. I put up four or five wins in a row that were all under 120 seconds, a time I thought impossible not that long ago. Then it happened, I was listening to "St. Joseph's" by the Avett Brothers and I finished this game in a minute and 22 seconds.

I don't know how low I can go, but I'm thinking if all broke right I could play a game in a minute. That is a task of epic proportions and I just don't know what my motivation will be in these dark days I find myself in. I'm 6 weeks away from being unemployed and my phone hasn't been ringing off the hook or anything. To make matters worse, on each day that passes over the next few weeks I'll be forced to think about where I was at that moment a year before. For instance, at this time last year, Inky and I were in Tasmania at an awesome hotel we got a great deal on.

Who knows, maybe we'll find a way to get back to Oz sooner than we think. Maybe we'll even think up a plan that allows us to stay for an extended period of time, which is what we both really want in the end. While I work on that plan, I'll keep clicking my way toward even lower times in solitaire. That is my solemn vow.

____________________

No comments: