Saturday, May 02, 2009

Greazy Tony Wonders: What's With All The Lil Burgers?

First things first, let me just say that I love me some little food. As this post unfolds it may seem like I have some sort of a problem with the sudden proliferation of tiny burgers, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I grew up minutes away from a White Castle and whenever there are pigs in a blanket at a party, I'm never far from them. There's just something great about a smaller version of one of your favorite foods. To that end, I whipped up some mini-cheesesteaks a few years back and once again proved the theory.

In that post I mentioned that I had started to notice a bunch of chain places putting sliders on their menus. Over the last 19 months this slider mania has only intensified. Now, you can enjoy all that slider goodness in the privacy of your own home. Sure, you could've just formed some ground beef into tiny patties and put them on dinner rolls, but that's too much work. Our supermarket sells preformed sliders and the management has considerately placed some buns right next to the case.

What's that you say? You don't want to use pre-pressed slider patties? Well, this is your lucky days. Because now our good friend Billy Mays has put together a product that will take care of all your slider needs. The Big City Slider Station is a frying pan with five separate cylinders to cook the burgers and a press for the top so you don't even have to flip them. I'm not even going to say anything about how pathetic it is to use not having to flip the burger as a sales tactic, because that's low lying fruit. What I will say is, I see another trend coming, just like I saw the sliders coming in October of '06. In the fall of 2012 there will be a whole fuckload of "slider stations" at yard sales all across the nation.

_

No comments: