Monday, April 27, 2009

Break the Tape, and Keep on Running

Some might have expected me to take a bit of a sabbatical from the speed solitaire world after I hit my goal of a 90 second game last week. Those people don't know how seriously I take my ridiculous flights of fancy. Just hours after telling you all about my 90 second game, I was right back in our home office furiously clicking the mouse like Micheal Jackson on the OshKosh B'Gosh website.

Later in the week I was winding down a day of work with an hour or so of solitaire and that's when it happened. I scored 8999 points in 84 seconds. That's a minute and 24 seconds people! To put that game in perspective, it lasted about as long as Micheal Jackson would last on the OshKosh B'Gosh website. (Oh, yeah, I went back to the well. You hookers can't tell me what to do!)

I was so excited about my new PB time that I did a fancy little spin in my chair right after finishing. This proved to be a miscalculation on my part, since I don't have a ton of room behind my desk and I whacked my knee against my filing cabinet. The cascade of cards had run out by the time I finished going "ahh... ohhhh..... ahh" so could only screen cap the "deal again" screen, but the score and time are still there.

So now my three best times are all in the double digits, and I continue to reign supreme in the world of computerized speed solitaire. Sadly, it doesn't pay too much and I'm going to be in need of a job in 9 weeks. Hmm?

_

No comments: