Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Take Me in to The Ballgame!

I'm just a few months shy of my 33rd birthday but I don't feel that old. Inky and I went to a party this weekend where it became painfully obvious to me what we are supposed to be like as "adults." We aren't, to say the least. We're trapped between the Moon and New York City, so to speak, and I sometimes wonder if I'll ever grow up. One thing is for sure, if I am going to grow up, this next sentance won't help much.

I'm excited that the new "MLB 09: The Show" hits shelves today. I've been in kind of a rotten mood the last week or two, mired in the winter doldrums, and yesterday's snow didn't help much. Upon seeing that the game dropped today, I instantly noticed a spring in my step and a smile on my face. Yup, I'm a guy in my early 30's who is fuckin' stoked that a video game came out today. And you know what? I'm not ashamed of that fact one bit.

I can't wait to play my first game with Matt Weiters as my staring catcher and Chris Tillman on the mound!

_

No comments: