Monday, March 09, 2009

A New Bronze

I had a very busy week, and an even busier weekend, which was cool. I'm not complaining, I'm just mentioning it because it meant I didn't get to play a whole lot of solitaire this week. I bet I only played about two dozen hands all told, and I only won about 9 or 10. But in the high pressure/fast paced world of speed solitaire you only need a good deal and a fast hand to post a high score.

Well I got a good deal, and we all know I have a fast hand, so I was able to post another top 3 score this past week. My game of 6848 points in 113 seconds now sits behind my 6893/112 and the all time great game: 7080/109. I'm still determined to break 90 seconds one day, but for now, I'm focused on the ever elusive 100 second barrier.

Roger Banister had the four minute mile, I have the 90 second solitaire game. I don't think it is hyperbole to say that I will need every bit as much strength, skill and determination as he had in order to achieve my goal.

_

No comments: