Sunday, February 22, 2009

An Off Week on the Solitaire Front

There are no excuses in the high-stress, high-reward world of competitive solitaire. So, I'm not going to bore you with tales of how little time I had to play this week, or how I forgot to bring the mouse for my laptop home from work this weekend, causing me to have to play with the old roll ball mouse on the home computer. I'm not going to tell you about any of that. Rather, I'll take my lumps for not bettering my high score yet again.

The best I could manage this week was a 6086 in 129 seconds, good for a bronze on my all time list; clocking in behind my 6576/119 and last week's 6538/119. While I'm not even thinking about backing down from my self imposed goal of 90 seconds, I think I have to start thinking about this challenge like eating a 5 pound hamburger: I have to set small goals and achieve them. To wit, I'm going to start focusing on the 100 second barrier and see if I can make it to the two digit scores before I think about a minute and a half.

It just isn't plausible for to consider that I can't do this. I am an American for fuck's sake, and does winning WWI and WWII even mean anything if I back down in the face of this most torturous challenge? I don't think so either.

_

No comments: