Saturday, February 28, 2009

Greazy Tony: In the Solitaire Zone

After failing to post a new high solitaire score last week, I really had to look deep within myself and refocus. So I really buckled down this week and I had a good Michael Phelps week. This is not to be confused with a bad Michael Phelps week, where you date a big titted Asian stripper and get caught smoking pot. No, my week was the type where you smash all known records again and again and post a hand full of best times. February 22-28 was my Beijing.

As a reminder, my three best scores/times coming into the week were: 1) 6576/119, 2) 6538/119, 3) 6336/123. At the end of this week none of those times stand any longer as I posted three separate times faster then my previous high. First I cut just 2 seconds off with a 6633 in 117 seconds. I was happy with that, but it was early in the week and I knew I had more time. Then I manged a 6893 in 112 seconds, but I made a costly error late in the game that must have cost me at least 7 or 8 seconds.

Redemption came in the form of the game you see above (score and time in the lower right hand corner). I scored beyond 7k for the first time and finished below 1:50 for the first time with a score of 7080/109. I know you're impressed, and frankly, I don't blame you. But I can do better. I must do better. I will do better. I'm like Boxer from Animal Farm.

I still have my eyes firmly set on a sub 100 second game. Its just a matter of getting the right deal and playing a minute and 39 seconds of mistake free solitaire. We live in a world that sometimes seams bereft of goodness and hope. I feel like this one seemingly insurmountable goal stands between the human race and happiness. So I encourage you to start playing solitaire as fast as you can and let me know what your fast time is. And don't feel bad if its not as fast as mine, there can be only one Greazy.

_

No comments: