Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm Only Human, Part 2.

Two weeks ago I admitted that there are things in this word that I am powerless against. Slow-motion butt shaking in black and white is certainly one of them. Today I get to share another with you: I love watching people fall. I really don't know anyone who doesn't, if they are being 100% honest. I have no less than a dozen great 'seeing people fall' stories, like the time a few of my buddies and I just saw a guy fall in a heap in the Wal Mart parking lot. He didn't trip, it wasn't icy, he just went down. We laughed so hard it hurt.

Perhaps my all time favorite story of another person's pain happened on our last trip to Australia. Inky and I were doing the hike around the base of Uluru and we had stopped to have an apple and some water while taking a break on a bench. Along comes a woman who is probably in her mid-50's and as she is walking behind our bench we hear it. The unmistakable sound of a foot hitting an exposed root followed by a distressed grunt and a stumble.

Inky and I both bit our lip till the lady righted herself and walked away at which point I turned to her and said "How 'bout that. It's even funny when you HEAR someone fall." Both these stories are hilarious if you are Inky or I, but probably awful if you are that guy or that lady. Like wise, the following pictures are filled with breathtaking majesty if you are looking at them, and the worst 4 seconds of you life if you are this guy:







(Thanks to Barstool for bringing this little piece of schadenfreude to the web.)

_

No comments: