Friday, December 19, 2008

Top Songs of 2008: 40-11

Here is the last of the bulk lists of the best songs of the year, in my humble, yet well defined opinion. Tomorrow I'll let lose with the top ten, which I think would make for one hell of a good playlist on any iPod in the nation. Till then, I'll bore you with more useless facts culled together from this list. Such as, the city with the most spots accounted for is New York with 15, just edging out L.A. Not a lot of surprise there, but one thing that I did think was kind of crazy was the fact that I have 4 acts from Maine on the list this year, who knew.

40) Counting Crows - When I Dream of Michelangelo
39) Kate Nash - Foundations
38) Adele - Right as Rain
37) Foxboro Hot Tubs - Mother Mary
36) Lenka - The Show
35) Ani Difranco - Emancipated Minor
34) Joan as Police Woman - Migpies
33) Dykehouse - Chain Smoking
32) Missy Higgins - Where I Stood
31) Robert Francis - One by One

30) Stephen malkmus & the Jicks - We Can't Help You
29) Department of Eagles - No One Does it Like You
28) Chairlift - Bruises
27) The Long Blondes - Guilt
26) Cat Power - New York (Cover)
25) Kathleen Edwards - Oil Man's War
24) Weezer - Pork and Beans
23) The Herd - The King is Dead
22) emiliana Torrini - Gun
21) Clare Bowditch - You Looked So Good

20) The Audreys - Lay Me Down
19) Sheryl Crow - Gasoline
18) MGMT - Time to Pretend
17) The Fratellis - Shameless
16) Paul Weller - Cold Moments
15) The Walkmen - In the New Year
14) The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
13) Dawn Landes - Twilight
12) Glasvegas - Daddy's Gone
11) Death Cab for Cutie - Cath...

No comments: