Monday, December 01, 2008

I'm There, Because I Was There



When I was a kid, in the 80's, it was common place for people to set their movies in the time my folks grew up: the 60's. Now, we've come to a time and place where the movies that are being set "in the past" are being set during my childhood. I don't know how I feel about that, but one thing's for sure: I'll be seeing this movie.

All I needed to hear was Ryan Reynolds, Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader and I knew I would see the film. But the idea that it is set in the late 80's, with all the pop culture references that will come with that peeked my interest a bit more. I'm even willing to overlook the fact that the main "love interest" in the flick is Kristen Stewart, who is the Twilight bitch.

Now someone just needs to write a RomCom set in a mid 90's college radio station where the hilarious leading male and his ever-present best friend do all sorts of crazy shit. In the end he falls hard for the cool leading chick, who everyone thinks is the exact opposite of him, but whom he finds is his soul mate. The soundtrack would kick fucking ass.

_

No comments: