Thursday, November 20, 2008

What to Do In the Pacific Northwest?

My work will be taking me to the Emerald City of Seattle in the next few days, and while I have pretty full few days, i hate to go to a city I've never been to before and miss out. So, what should I do in Seattle? I'm staying a few blocks from the Space Needle so I'll be sure to check that out. I'm sure I'll also jump on the monorail and see Westlake Center and the Experience Music Project, but those are obvious. I'm looking for local flair.

I should get a good amount of local color when I go see my Washington Redskins take on the hometown Seahawks on Sunday evening, but a football game is the same just about anywhere. I want to know about little record shops, non-chain eateries and cool markets. So if you have been to Seattle and you have sugestions, let me know. If not, I'll do some exploring and get back to you with what I think is hot. One thing's for sure, thanks to Pepperidge Farms, I won't be coming home with 20 packs of Tim Tams from the Aussie shops there, like I thought I would have to.

No comments: