Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Told You So

Never let it be said that the Greazy one doesn't know his stuff. Yesterday I watched an hour and a half of TV that had many TGWOOfY themes running through it. First up was Oprah, and before you even start, I had a good reason to watch. The whole show was focused on Baz Luhrmann's upcoming movie: "Australia" which hits theaters on Thanksgiving. The main actors in the movie are Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman but the star of the movie is the wild, and untamed Aussie outback.

I am certainly not the only person who's ever been the the Outback and blogged about how amazing it is, but that wasn't the only connection the the show yesterday. Jackman apparently wasn't content with driving the women in the audience crazy with the scene from the movie where he pours a tub of water over his shirtless body. No, he took it a step further... by bringing Tim Tams... for the whole audience. I've gone on and on about the genius that is the Tim Tam, and I've even got my best friend hooked, but now they have the Oprah bump. I would have to think that they are now going to start showing up everywhere, and I don't know how to feel about that. I'm going to Seattle in a few weeks, and I would hate it if there was a run on the Aussie bars and markets in the Emerald City before I get there. If I come home Tim Tamless, Oprah and Hugh have earned my wrath.

Later in the evening, Inky and I watched one of our favorite shows: How I Met Your Mother, and once again there was a Greazyesque theme. Last May, I declared that from that point on, the Friday before Mother's and Father's day would be known as "Not-a-Mother's" and "Not-a-Father's day" and in doing so, I set forth some tough, but fair rules for there observance. Low and behold, last night Barney starts his own Not-a-father's day! I'm not accusing the HIMYM team of stealing from me or anything, since I know there are like 11 people who look at this blog, all I'm saying is: Great minds think alike.

That's right, Me, Oprah, Hugh Jackman, Baz Luhrmann, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas. We're all the same. The only thing that separates us is: fame, looks, money, advantage, opportunity, money, rock hard abs, world wide acclaim and money.

_

2 comments:

XL said...

Didn't Baz Lurhman do that "wear sunscreen" song in the mid 90's?

Greazy Tony said...

Why yes, he did, he also did Moulin Rouge. And because Baz is an Aussie, it fell upon another Aussie to lampoon the Sunscreen song, namely John Safran who did a spoof called “Not the Sunscreen Song” which is fucking hilarious. See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHZWrET2CUA