Friday, August 15, 2008

I'll Share the Road When They Share the Sidewalk

One of the many downsides to the ridiculous price of oil, is the current increase in the number of douchebags who think a bike is a motor vehicle. See: if it doesn't have a motor, then it doesn't belong in the same lane as my car. But, with people trying to save gas, more and more of them are biking to work, which I applaud, but not when they are in my way. Stick to the side of the road or the sidewalk, and we'll all get along just fine. You can't tell me that these "Share the road" numb nuts actually think that they should be in line with a Hummer in front of them and a semi behind them.

Oh, but they do. Since my office moved to the other side of campus last month I have been taking a different route to work, which takes me through the city. At least two times a week I end up with some tard either in front of me, or behind me on their bike, riding in the normal lane or travel. They usually sport the work clothes, but with sneaker, because you can't ride in wingtips! Of course there is the requisite helmet and the bag over the shoulders that, one would assume at least, contains work shoes, lunch and their renewal of their Greenpeace membership.

As I said, I applaud people using less gas and saving mother earth a bit while they are saving a few greenbacks, but I won't have it on my conscious when when of these hippies cuts me off and they accidentally end up on my hood. There is a time and a place for everything, and the place for bikes is the side of the road or the sidewalk. Unless, of course, they are willing to let me drive up on the sidewalk from time to time... no? Then fuck the bikes! Greazy has spoken.

_

No comments: