Monday, July 21, 2008

These. Mutha Fucking. Rocks.


I've waited about a week to announce my most recent victory in the household chore arena. I wanted to wait and see how my newest pet project responded to the elements before I crowed about it, and we had been lacking in the rain department over the last few days. First, the back story. The community that Inky and I live in has it's pluses and minuses. For instance, a big plus is that we have our own drive ways, which we learned through XL's experience is a big deal. A minus, however, is that the driveways have a strip of earth between them that has to be maintained.

This 2 foot by 12 foot stripe has been a bit of a nuance to us over these last 6 years, as we've had to weed it, or deal with all the mulch that would wash out when it rained. So I decided to go out and get a fuckload of rocks to put down there. (Fuckload is a technical term for not as much as I needed in the first place, so I had to go back to the store for more) Once Inky and I had pulled all weeds and crap out, we laid down some of that black "weed block" plastic and set about dispersing the stones.

Sixteen bags later we had the finished product you see above. I was very happy with the outcome, especially since I took extra care to make sure the edges were well defined and covered with rock. What's that saying about a reward for a job well done? Oh yeah, my reward is not having to think about how ghetto that think looks with 2 foot weeds growing out of it.

_

1 comment:

XL said...

That's all well and good until your HOA says they have a no rock policy and tells you that you have to remove them. And while your at it make sure your shutter is appropriately shined...