Sunday, June 15, 2008

Australia (still) on my mind

Inky and I have been back from Oz for a few weeks now, and we've pretty much settled into a modified version of our old routine. We're trying to stay active, since we both lost weight thanks to all the walking we did on the trip, and to that end we went over to campus today and kicked the footy around for a while. But some things never change, and that means that we both have our eyes on the land down under. We watched a thrilling game on the satellite today, as Carlton came from behind to topple Collingwood. (who we saw decimate our team in Melbourne a few weeks ago) We are back to reading the Aussie papers on line, and we are nursing our last pack of imported Tim Tams. All the usual Greazy and Inky things when stuck 10,000 miles away from the place we love.

Sometimes, however, my love of all things Aussie manifests itself in strange ways, like an Australian shaped steak. The picture above is a steak that I cooked on our grill for dinner tonight, and when I looked down on it, the shape looked familiar to me. Kind of like that chicken cutlet I made a few years back.

I guess we'll just have to go back to try and fully get it out of our system...

_

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

The cutlet was better, but the steak is steak, so . . .