Thursday, May 22, 2008

Alert the Media (and XL): Greazy Drinks!

Two years ago and for many different reasons, I gave up the grog. It was never a big deal for me, and if I'm being honest, I wish I had done it sooner. I never reached a point where drinking caused me real trouble, but in the end taking the trouble to drink never had a point to me. So, for the better part of two years I have gone with slim to no booze. I had a half a beer on XL's 31st birthday and I had a shot at our 10 year reunion, but that's about all.

At the Footy last weekend I had just about a whole Carlton Draught but that was all. But last night Inky and I met up with a person she has been in touch with here in Melbourne and she wanted to go to a bar down on Swanston St. So, I had a beer. Then, I had another. Inky put away three but I called it quits after two. I figure, when in Australia do as the Australians do. (Veronica: "It's a saying." Ron: "Really? I've never heard of it.")

It's Friday morning here in St. Kilda, and while Inky and I digest breakfast and do a bit of web surfing, we know we have another footy game ahead of us. I think I'll have a beer again at the MCG tonight, because that would seem the thing to drink along with my meat pie. I know if I went to Green Bay to see a Packers game, I would have a beer with my bratwurst, so, you know... when in Melbourne...

_

3 comments:

XL said...

So when we go to Camden Yards this summer you'll have a beer with your grille dog......right?

I was hoping the story would continue that you had beer after beer. Then ripped off your shirt and challenged the DJ to a fight before stumbling out the door declaring that head lights were "bad". That would've been a hell of a story!!

XL said...

Better still you got so drunk that you just peed off your bar stool as if it were a couch in a frat house basement....

Greazy Tony said...

No, I won't be having any beer back in the states, but I thought you'd be happy I had three while here.

I'd like to try to avoid anymore shirt ripping offing.