Saturday, April 12, 2008

What Constitutes Famous?

On our way down to DC to see some baseball XL and I took a tiny detour to Hanover PA to get our eat on. Baseball and hotdogs go hand in hand, so we took the oppertunity to try some dogs that we've never had. We went to Famous Hot Weiner to partake of their dogs which are known the world over. (Please note: the world over may be substituted with parts of York and Adams Countys)

XL and I are hot dog conasures to say the very least. If they ever made a hoity toity movie about hot dogs, like Sideways was to wine, XL and I would star. We've had dogs in ball parks, dive road-side joints, and from street corner carts, and I was hoping to be able to put FHW in the Pantheon of dogs past. They didn't quite measure up.

We both got the Famous Hot Wiener Special, which consists of your choice of either two burgers, two dogs or one of each, with fries and a drink. I got one of each, and XL opted for twin dongs. The dogs are too big in circumference (other wise know in wiener circles as girth) and so the middle doesn't get done enough. The onions were very pungent, and the chili sauce can't hold a candle to other famous dogs we've downed. The burger was actually quite good, even though it isn't what you would expect. It is served on a hot dog bun (pictured left in the photo above) and is long and thin rather than patty shaped.

When it was all said and done, I was happy to have a new wiener to put in my mouth, but I don't see myself going out of my way to get it again.

_

No comments: