Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This is a Big Day!

It's April 22nd, and that means it is a very big day. No, not because it's Earth Day, because we all know the Earth is irrevocably fucked thanks to the worlds corporate raiders. Pennsylvania primary, you say? No, that is no longer relevant since all three candidates scummed to pandering at the lowest level last night, by appearing on pro wrestling. (See them here, here, and here if you have the strength) At this point I think we should just be honest with ourselves and elect Randy Jackson and Bret Michaels (a balanced ticket) and be done with it.

No, today is a big day because it is the first anniversary of a revolution in this nation. One year ago today the clouds rolled in, and it began to...


Chocolate Rain!

That's right, April 22nd, 2007 Tay Zondy unleashed the internet sensation that has been parodied by just about every hack to ever get on the interwebs. I don't know of a single person who hears that song and says "Wow, those lyrics are profound, and his voice is mesmerizing." Most of us rightfully think Tay is a dork of Potsy like proportions, and point at him and laugh. However, most of us also click the "watch again" button, or else we move on to the "Vanilla Snow" video or Chad Vader's remake.

I don't know about you, but if I'm having a bad day, Inky or XL can turn and look at me and, in their best deep voice, say: "Chocolate Raaaaaaaain" and i'll laugh. Likewise, if one of them is struggling through the day I may give them my best Chad Vader voice, saying: "Randy made me mop the floor again."

It's no different from years past, when I could make XL crack up by asking "Is Rusty still in the Navy?" or make Inky laugh just by saying "Milk was a bad choice." Now, those quotes can come from regular people, and can be volleyed back and forth across cyberspace at the speed of nerdiness. It's the democratization of funny, and today we celebrate one of it's forefathers: the honorable Tay Zonday.

_

1 comment:

XL said...

Happy 1 year anniversary Chocolate Rain...I know I've gotten my fair share of laughter from you.

Chocolate Rain, double coupon Wednesday's are the worst!!