Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No Oz, It's for the best.

So with the American dollar falling, the Aussie dollar surging and mounting considerations on the home front, Inky and I have decided to cancel our trip to Australia. Qantas has a 90% refund policy on the airfare if you cancel with in a month of your departure date, and I can get out of our hotel and rental car reservations without penalty. Now I just have to find a place to sell my Footy tickets, and we'll be just about even.

I hate to cancel this trip, especially since we were just 40 days away from departure, but with the economy the way it is we just got squeezed. I started running the numbers and I felt like we'd have to spend too many nights in hostels and eat too many meals at Hungry Jack's to really get the feeling of vacation. So, with the time off, Inky and I are going to go to Branson Missouri. Oh well.

_

1 comment:

Jer said...

Oh shit. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

It's little consolation, but World Plus Market apparently sells Tim Tams. Maybe you can find one in Branson.