Sunday, April 06, 2008

Just Five More Weeks.

My apologies to those of you who read my "Australia trip canceled" story on April second or third. I posted it on the first, and the link on the words "Branson Missouri" revealed that it was an April fools joke. The trip is still on, and if I make it through this coming hellish week at work we're damn near a month away. Today marks 35 days until we board our Qantas jet and traverse the Pacific.

Five weeks isn't really a long time, but it seems like an eternity to me now. Hell, if someone were to tell you that you had only five weeks to live, I'm sure it would go by in a flash. But, when you have five weeks till something you really want, it tends to go very slowly. I'll be spending the next few weeks looking at hotel and hostel rates, checking in with some of the people we'll be rendezvousing with in Oz and checking, rechecking and re-re-checking our plans. I'm sure I'll make a list of things to take at some point, and I'm sure I will be ridiculed for preparing too much.

I don't care. It'll all be worth it when I drive by a sign like the one you see above, and remember that I can stop and enjoy the sights, because I've mapped out three or four travel routs per destination in advance.

_

No comments: