Thursday, February 14, 2008

It’s a Valentines Day Miracle


I could hardly believe it when I read that Amy Winehouse is giving one of her Grammys to her jailed husband, Blake. My money would have been on her selling them for crack money, but this is good too. The story says that prison officials have to check the Grammy to be sure there is nothing hidden inside like, oh I don't know, a vile of crack. If nothing else, at least Blake will be able to use the award to trade, or bash an attacker in the head with, so he's got that going for him.

It would be real easy to crack jokes about what Winehouse did (see above for evidence of just how easy) but I tend to see this as a wonderful example of the effect the power of love can have on two people. Even two crack addled people. And so on this Valentines day, I want to let Inky know that if she goes to jail for "grievous bodily harm and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice" I will gladly give her any awards statues I win, because I love her that much.

1 comment:

XL said...

You are such a sentimetnal husband!! Inky is of course a lucky woman!!