Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Countdown to Oz ’08 Continues

As I sit at my desk (and sip my soda, which I’m sure somebody spit in) on this snowy February day my thoughts are 12,000 miles away. Not that there’s anything particularly unique about a day where my thoughts drift to the antipodes, but today’s happens to have a round number. In 80 days, Inky and I will be sitting in LA getting ready to board a plane that will take us south, way south, to Australia.

So this morning, after getting 3 hours of sleep, scraping the ice crystals off my car, and trying to get prepared for a huge meeting tomorrow, it’s all about the Oz. I drove to work listening to the Cat Empire, and right now I’ve got the Missy Higgins playlist going on my iPod all the while I’m dreaming about the view above! I’m just pretending the glare of the snow covered campus is the shimmer of Sydney Harbour, now if I can just get the folks around here to roll with the accent.

_

2 comments:

Jer said...

I've been meaning to tell you for a couple weeks that I've been watching your Oz countdown since the beginning with much jealousy. It's long been a dream of mine to get the heck out of this country and Oz is pretty much the only place I'd want to go.

So anyway, I've been watching your countdown, and all of a sudden I'm beating you there. My ladyfriend got a job with a company over there, and they're flying her out first week of March, and putting her up for two weeks. Which means we essentially get a half-price trip to Oz. I'm stoked. We'll be staying in Sydney, and will have about a week of that time for doing touristy stuff.

It's crazy how you can go from being jealous of someone who has the means to go to actually getting to go yourself in the blink of an eye.

Greazy Tony said...

Well I guess it’s me that’s now jealous of you. I hope you have a great time in Sydney, and I’m sure you will. It is an amazing city, which is why Inky and I chose to go back, even though we went on our last trip. If you want any tips on cool shit to see, just let me know.