Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Greazy Law: The Ho Point

I don't know what it is like where you are right now, but here in my town it's 70 degrees for the second straight day. This happened last January as well, but the nice weather didn't stick around for very long. In fact, it was well back into winter temps when the students returned to campus, so I didn't get to see them shed their clothes like they were on fire.

Because, that's what happens when ever the temperature rises by 10 degrees from the same time two days before, or is 20 degrees above the normal high for that time of year. I call it the Ho point, which is much like the Dew Point. Here is the definition: The Ho Point is the temperature which a college student must perceive it to be, at constant barometric pressure, for them to go outside in next to nothing.

The Ho point for this week just so happened to be 67 degrees, and once reached, the streets were flooded with guys wearing tee shirts, shorts and girls in mini skirts and tiny tops. Not that I'm complaining mind you, because I'm not one to tell people that they can't dress like a streetwalker if they want to, but I think it's kind of funny. And from this point on, I declare a Greazy Law that says the weather must begin to announce the Ho Point in the evening newscast. That way we know to be prepared to see a 20 year old girl in stockings and shorts.

_

1 comment:

princess1128 said...

"The Ho Point" - that is awesome!! Great photo too by the way.