Thursday, December 20, 2007

Top 100 Songs of 2007: 70-41

I listen to a lot of music, I mean, a whole lot. I'm not saying I'm better than you, because I'm not. But I listen to multiple sources of music at my desk all day: My iPod, college radio, British stations, Australian Stations and the odd occasional CD. I listen to WXPN, and WVYC in my car, and I troll indie blogs and MySpace looking for new shit. I purchased, downloaded or ripped in excess of 70 records this year not to mention quite a few single tracks (gotta love emusic and cashing in change for iTunes gift cards) and when it all shook out I came up with a list of my favorite music of the year. Cast your eyes on the next 30 on my list bitches:

70) Sex Bandaid-Antje Duvekot
69) Cheer Me Up Thank You-New Buffalo
68) Vermilion-The WAiFS
67) Wise Man-Liam Finn
66) Northern Whale-The Good The Bad & The Queen
65) Methamphetamine-Son Volt
64) Lost and Found-Taken By Trees
63) Warm Sound-Jill Cunniff
62) Queen B-Puscifer
61) Victoria's Secrets-Augie March

60) Albertine-Brook Fraser
59) Chelsea Dagger-The Fratellis
58) Near and Far-Sarah Shannon
57) Amsterdam-Peter Bjorn and John
56) Gone Gone Gone- Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
55) Nineteen-Tegan and Sara
54) The Way I Am-Ingrid Michaelson
53) Shine Over Babylon-Sheryl Crow
52) Lord Don't Slow Me Down-Oasis
51) Comrade Jesus Christ-The Heard*

50) Four Winds-Bright Eyes
49) Eternal Flame-Joan as Police Woman
48) You Picked Me-A Fine Frenzy
47) Holidays-The Versus
46) Teenage Hustling-Tori Amos
45) Good Enough-Girlyman
44) Freckle Song-Chuck Prophet
43) One Sweet Love-Sara Bareilles
42) What Light-WILCO
41) Much Like Falling-Flyleaf

_

No comments: