Wednesday, December 05, 2007

This Relationship Goes to 11

There are a few days each year that we take notice of. For me they are: birthdays (mine, Inky's, XL's and my family's) Life changing moments (The day we lost My Father, my brother, my father in law or other big events like September 11th or the day St. Joe's was closed) And of course the big ticket items like Christmas or our anniversary. While Inky and I were married on August 14th, today is still one of my favorite days.

On December 5th of 1996 we started dating. Even though our date didn't start until almost midnight (oh to be a college student again) the whole day was important. As I reminisced about last year, she came up to my radio show, and that began a day long flirt that turned into me asking her out and her saying yes.

Sure, we were poor, and we went to Denny's, but, it was the single most important day of my life. All the rest of it pales in comparison. As we drove back to our apartments in the snow I had a totally different feeling then I had ever had on any first date. I still feel differently about her then I have ever felt about any other person in the world, even now, 11 years later as I gaze out at the snow falling on campus.

It all stemmed from that day 11 years ago when I sheepishly asked her out, and took her to split the appetiser sampler at Denny's. So this is one of my favorite days of the year... I love you baby.

_

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

I love you too.