Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back From New England.

Well, Greazy's back in PA, and not a moment too soon. This is the longest I've been apart from Inky in 10 years, when as fate would have it I was also in Boston. Eight days is just too long to be away from my lady and I can't wait to see her.

That's not to say I didn't have a good time during my travels. I did some work, but also got the chance to do some playing too. After being mistaken for a Federal Air Marshall, I headed to Foxboro Mass where I was not mistaken for a member of the media, despite my press pass. I had a great time in the press box and on the Field, and I'll have an even better time when Inky and I go back in the fall for the Skins game.

One of the things I also got to do while in Bean Town was eat, and they have some good grub up there. I took the trip to my Father's home town of Revere Beach and ate at Kelly's. They serve a ton of different stuff, but for me it's all about the Roast Beef... rare if you please. I eat mine plain, cause it has all the flavor it needs without any toppings. Plus the prices at Kelly's can't be beet, unlike one of my other experiences in the Hub, but more on that after Maine.

walking around a Fair with my Between my working days I had a few days at play with my family up in the Great Frozen North. I got to spend a day with Brothers and my Nieces which was great. The next day we went to my Aunt and Uncle's place for a day of swimming and canoeing. I spent the day playing with 5 children ranging in age from 10 to 14 and...(Hi, I'm Chris Hanson. What are you doing in this Lake?) no it wasn't like that. We just ran and jumped off the end of the dock onto that yellow raft you see there, in addition to the swimming and the canoeing. Just looking at kids tires me out, and two days of playing with them makes me want to run out and get a home vasectomy kit. Life as an Uncle is good: you get to show up, be the cool one, have a blast and then split. Kind of like dating a stupid chick in college.

I also got to have a few great Maine meals, lobster included, both at my family's cafe and in some of the area's other eateries. But, I could have eaten at Ralph's Cafe 10 times for what the drinks cost at my next stop. Once back in Boston I hosted an event at The prestigious Oak Bar at the Fairmont Copley Hotel. Seventeen fucking dollars for a fucking Martini! Holy fucking Shit! The food was amazing but to say it was overpriced would be like saying that Mike Vick is mean to animals.

I'm back home now and I have to get myself ready for a grueling 3 1/2 hour work day tomorrow. Will the injustices never cease?

_

No comments: