The stadium is not 100% done, but the parts that are in place were more than enough to keep my interest during the three games I went to this weekend. As the season goes on, there will be more and more new things to see at the games, and who knows, maybe the Rev's will actually start winning!
Below are a bunch of photos I took from around the stadium over the weekend. If you click on the pictures you can see a larger version. Enjoy!
1) Just before sunset, a view from the First Base concourse, looking at the big green wall in Left Field. I think it should be called: The Great Wall of York. eg: "Dryer swings and drives a shot into left, and it's off the Great Wall for a double!"
2) Here's the tiny little foul pole atop the Great Wall. The wall stands 38 feet tall and is only 300 feet from home plate. So it is taller than the Green monster in Boston AND closer to the plate!
3) A view from the Third Base concourse looking into Right Field, note the construction equipment in the background... work continues.
4) Looking in on the seating bowl from the little walkway that runs from the Third Base concourse to the outfield. At this point, you are next to the Great Wall, about halfway up it. This was my favorite place to watch the games from, and at some point will be a great place to catch a foul ball.
5) Taken from the temporary location of the kids play area, this is what the unfinished seating bowl looks like. The upper section, which holds the sky boxes still remains to be completed.
6) 1B Matt Dryer takes a might cut at a Newark pitch.
7) A panoramic view of the Rev's pitching to the Newark Bears on Saturday night. They turned two on this play!
8) A packed house on opening night, and the sun setting beyond the third base line.
I'll have many more as the season goes on!