Saturday, June 09, 2007

Almost Done!

OK, so maybe not almost, but we're getting closer and closer to completing the sleeve on my left arm. I sat for three hours yesterday as Angel stabbed me in the arm a few million times, and the result is better than I could have hoped for. She was able to complete the nights sky around the ship on my biceps which turned out amazing. She also finished all the sky around the scroll and the compass on my upper arm.

All that's left at this point, on the outer arm at least, is the moon on the top of my arm and the sky around the serpent head. After that we'll tackle the inside of my arm which will consist mainly of the sea serpent and the water around him. There will be some more red sky on the Port side of the ship that will taper off into the eastern sky on the other side of the serpent. We also have some more water and rope to be done down by the elbow, but I would guess that will be among the last things we do.

As of right now I have 15 hours of work on my left arm, and with 6 or 7 more left to go, I don't know if I can be patient. I love what we have so far, and it's only going to get better. Stay tuned to TGWOOfY for more updates.

No comments: