Monday, February 05, 2007

Of course the Colts won the Superbowl last night... did you get a look at the starting line up? I'm not talking about the amazing O of the Colts, or the superb D of the Bears. I'm speaking of the 7 men who had on the black and white tops. Here's how they lined up:

Referee: Tony Corrente
Line Judge: Ron Marinucci
Field Judge: Jim Saracino
Umpire: Carl Paganelli
Side Judge: John Parry
Head Linesman: George Haward
Back Judge: Perry Paganelli

Wow! That's a lot of vowels at the end of those names, and the one Paganelli brother with the most Italian name (Dino) wasn't even on the crew. Could there have been some hanky panky going on in Miami? The line for the game was 7 as soon as the pairing for this game was set, and it looked like even fate was out to make sure that the Colts not only won... but covered. I'm not trying to start a rumor or anything but what are the chances you have five sevenths of any group be Italian American and end up with a group that isn't crooked. One of the great truths in this world is you have to watch those I-ties. Why can't we get a crew of all solid American names like Smith, Jones, White and Bush? Then the game would have come out the right way; with the better team winning.

This has been a rant from Greazy Tony (who's name ends in a vowel) and I'm taking my tongue out of my cheek. Great job Tony, Peyton and Colts D.

_

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

Don't forget that Vinatieri missing that kick to keep it close. Co-inky-dink? I think not.