Friday, February 23, 2007

Is that a Chevy Castradi Pick-Up You're Driving?

There may be a whole bunch of Pickups, Jeeps, and SUV's singing soprano in Maryland soon. That is if a Republican State politician, LeRoy E. Meyers Jr., gets his way. He proposed a bill to the Maryland General Assembly that would make fake "trucknutz" illegal. It would also punish the display of "depictions of naked human breasts, buttocks or genitals" and punish offenders with a fine of up to $500. Damn! I guess I have to take those tits off my Saturn the next time I drive to Maryland.

I am all at once appalled that tax dollars are being waisted on such a measure, and happy at the thought that some redneck will be pissed off by this. I personally don't think the prosthetic gonads are offensive to anything but good taste, but then again I don't finger-bang my daughter either. I'm not a big fan of in-your-face southernism weather it be the "put a boot up your ass" fake patriotism of country music or the "git 'r done" our-way-or-the-highway mentality often portrayed by some in the south.

Some people in Maryland take the fact that they are below the Mason-Dixon line a bit too far, and as such you happen upon the odd occasional Dixie flag or crass bumper sticker. I first saw the trucknutz about 5 years ago at my old job, which was in Maryland. I will admit, I laughed the first time I saw them, because I though it was kind of clever. But, that was before I knew that they were mass produced and before every redneck had a pair.

No matter how much I think they are stupid, and endemic of the good ol' boy mentality that helps to breed hate against gays, blacks and women, I say you should be able to put them on your car if you want to. I know you need to be able to express your individuality by having your truck with the "git 'r done" bug guard, the naked lady mudflaps, and the "If you can read this, than a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier" bumper sticker. Just like the goth kids need to show how different they are by all wearing the same clothes from Hot Topic, Right?

All that said, however, I still say you shouldn't be fined for an expression that may offend a few people. People have to stop being so damn offended all the time in this country and that goes for all the people who think TV and Movies are out to attack their religion. It is this type of infighting and lack of focus on actually keeping our country strong, rather then just saying over and over again that it is, that will end up making us susceptible to losing our place as a world power financially. We need to keep our eye on the ball, so to speak, or else you may find that the next generation may be forced to dangle darker, or yellow balls from their cars. (Offensive enough for you?)

_

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

What if they are 'roo nuts? I love it. Love it. Love it. I want to get a fake vulva for my car.