Friday, January 05, 2007

Top 100 Songs of '06: 40-11

This is the last group of 30, before I reach the Top 10 Songs of the year. Some of this songs on my list were on records that were released in 2005, but were singles in all, or part of '06. There are also a few tracks that came off of the net, but have not yet been released, I have made the decision to include the ones that are not likely to be on a record in '07, but have left off those that will such as Missy Higgins. Much love and thanks go out to my editor, and my musical muse: Inky.

40) Dianna Anaid - Dumb Opinion
39) Clare Bowditch - Divorcee by 23
38) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell me Baby
37) KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
36) Kate Havnevik - SoLo
35) Butterfingers - Get Up Out of the Dirt.
34) Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
33) Matisyahu - King without a Crown
32) Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man
31) U2 & Billie Joe Armstrong - The Saints are Coming.

30) Imogen Heap - Goodnight and Go
29) Artic Monkeys - Still Take You Home
28) Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris - This is Us
27) Ani DiFranco - 78% H2O
26) Amy Millan - Headsfull
25) The Church - She'll Come Back For You Tomorrow
24) Foo Fighters - No Way Back
23) The Long Blondes - Weekend without Makeup
22) Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins - Rise Up With Fists
21) Dresden Dolls - Shores of California.

20) Cat Power - The Greatest
19) Regina Spektor - Better
18) Pearl Jam - Life Wasted
17) Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On
16) Veruca Salt - Closer
15) Laura Imbruglia - My Dream of a Magical Washing Machine
14) The Cardigans - In the Round
13) Lady Sovereign - Love Me or Hate Me. I Simply can not stop playing this record. SOV reminds me of the rap I liked as kid, the LL and Run DMC stuff. She has a quick wit, and a sharp tongue and every other thing you may not expect from a White, 5 foot, British chick.
12) The Heard - I was only 19
11) Death Cab for Cutie - I will Follow

_

No comments: