Sunday, January 07, 2007

Cowboy Schadenfreude

Somebody should get Tony Romo's belt and shoelaces, just to be sure he doesn't do anything rash. Don't get me wrong I feel bad for Tony Romo the person. I can't even imagin what it must feel like to cost 53 other guys a playoff win, let alone the coaches, owner and all the fans.

That said I couldn't be happier about what happened to Tony Romo, the abstract representation of the Dallas Cowboys. Ever since I was a kid I have hated the Cowboys with a white-hot passion. In the "loves and hates" section of my Senior yearbook, the hates section read like this. Hates: The Yankees, The Cowboys, Show offs, Mondays and Bad Tippers. It's all still true today, only with 13 more years worth of hate, and Three more Cowboys Superbowls and 4 more Yankee World Seires titles.

In the post game interviews you could tell that T.O. could barly contain his desire to say "we would have won if they had thrown the ball to me more." Never mind he had a huge drop on a pass Romo threw him. T.O. is still a dick, by the way, but this is about Romo. After fumbling the snap on the 19 yard feild goal that would have won the game, Romo walked to the side line and hung his head. I couldn't help but laugh at the misfourtunes of the Cowboys.

When Romo made his apperence at the podium after the game, it looked as if he was on the verge of tears. When asked by a reporter if this was the lowest point in his life (Life, not career mind you) I half expected him to respond like this. "Well there was this one time in high school when I came before I even got the condom on. The girl laughed and laughed and told all her friends and then they called me quick draw for the next... well till now. But this was worse because at least I got to see her boobies and I busted a nut."

_

4 comments:

Angry Inky said...

I hope it's still funny when you're in hell!

ycpgreazy said...

Don't Say that. It'll be funny again!

princess1128 said...

I'm still laughing my ass off - you are truly brilliant.

Angry Inky said...

I can't help feeling partially responsible for all this, but then again, I can't help not caring. It's who I am, and I'm not going to apologize for it.