Sunday, December 31, 2006

"I could be wrong, but I believe Diversity is an old old wooden ship..."

Here we are at the end of another year, and as is always the case they just seem to be flying by. A lot happened to me in 2006, and along the way I had TGWOOfY to help me document it.

I started the blog in January, and did my second post on the road while at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Now we are just 9 days away from the election of one of my favorite sports stars of all time, Cal Ripken Jr. to the hall. In February Inky and I went and saw Hank again, while in March The Geelong Cats won the preseason NAB Cup and in April The University of Maryland won the Women's Basketball title.

In May I received a toy I have been waiting 20 years for in celebration of my 30th birthday, which prompted a party in the beginning of June. By July I finally came to the realization that I was nothing but a corporate whore so in August, after much thought I got a new job.


I took some time to hit the road again with an old Friend in September. And in October I had some great ideas, and some not so hot ideas, all of which make me who I am in the end. As the year wound down I went through a sick spell in November, but came back strong as St. Nick in December. So at the very end, this greazy ole' elf decided to get a present for myself with a gift card I got. So I went out and picked up a playmobil Pirate ship and dubbed it the S.S. Diversity ("If you have to ask, you'll never know") and have added her to my fleet of reclaimed childhood memories.


Now I'm two points of the starboard tack with 2007 under my lee, but as long as I have first Lieutenant Inky on the quarter deck with me I will be fine.

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

You know I am the Master and Commander. You, in fact, would be the 1st Lieutenant. Maybe 2nd. In the immortal words of Brodie Bruce, "Why do I have to be his sidekick, how do you know he's not my sidekick?"