Monday, October 30, 2006

If you've got a problem, yo I'll solve it...

Someone once said: there are only two ways to do things. The right way and the wrong way. I am a huge fan of the wrong way. As a matter of fact I take the wrong way to a whole new level. As I have stated in prior posts; I am rubbish when it comes to home repair. I'm the guy the high school dropouts at Home Depot point at and laugh when I walk into the place. I'm the guy every tech, mechanic, and repair guy loves because not only do I not know how to do it myself but I don't know if what they are telling me is bullshit.

And so It came to pass that our heater went on the fritz. In the midst of repairs, part orders and diagnostic check ups I have become very sensitive to little pockets of cold air in my house. One of the windows in the upstairs seems to have a bit of a draft, and even worse is the gap between the front door and the doorjam. I walked by the door the other day an felt a strong gust of very cold air his my naked arm. It has been uncommonly windy over the last few days, but this was above and beyond. I held my hand up and damn if I couldn't see the hairs on my arm sway in this mini jet stream.

So what did I do? I did what any useless, college educated, lazy man would do. I grabbed the duct tape and a roll of plastic wrap. Once I had the plastic film over the crack I taped it to within an inch of it's life. Problem solved! That's some good (if not pathetic) work out of me.

_

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

It is good work out of you, despite the fact that it looks silly.